RENTON, Wash. -- Officials say fireworks are to blame for two fires that burned several homes early Wednesday morning in Renton.
Firefighters were called around 1:30 a.m. to the report of a house fire on SE 168th St in Renton. Crews said that fire actually spread to a second home. Everyone got out safely.
Investigators said the family in the first home took used fireworks and piled them into a recycling bin in the garage. Those fireworks apparently sparked up again, catching the garage on fire.
A short time later, crews were called to SE 171st Pl. for another house fire. Investigators say a bottle rock hit the roof of the home.