|Ingredients:||Yield: serves 2||Yield: serves 4|
|• Potato Burger Bun Roll – sliced in half||2 each||4 each|
|• Butter||1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.||2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp.|
|• 6oz Bacon 60/40 Beef/Bacon Patty||2 each||4 each|
|• Burger Baste – see recipe||1 Tbsp.||2 Tbsp.|
|• Burger Spread – see recipe||4 Tbsp.||8 Tbsp.|
|• Canadian Bacon – cooked to order – ¼ oz. slice||4 pieces||8 pieces|
|• Smoked Bacon – see recipe, cooked crisp||4 each slices||8 each slices|
|• Ripe Beefsteak Tomato - cored, sliced 1/4" thick||2 slices||4 slices|
|• Cheddar Cheese – 1oz wt.slices||2 each||4 each|
|• Greenleaf Lettuce - by the leaf||2 each||4 each|
- Spread the butter on the sliced bun. Place the bun on flat top and grill until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the burger patty on the broiler/grill and baste the top with 1 tsp. burger baste. Let cook for 1 ½ -2 minutes. Heat the Canadian bacon on the grill.
- Turn the patty over and baste with 1 tsp. of burger baste. Let patty cook until an internal temperature of 155° is achieved and maintained for 12 seconds. Place Canadian bacon then cheese slice on patty when burger is almost at desired temperature.
Note: Cooking burger patty to 155° internally and maintaining that temperature for 12
seconds, will ensure that if E. Coli 0157:H7 bacteria, if present, will be destroyed.
- Remove the bun from the flat top and spread top half with 2 Tbsp. of Burger Spread. Assemble burger by placing burger patty on bottom bun, smoked bacon, tomato slice and lettuce. Close burger with the top bun. Serve.
|Burger baste Ingredients:||Yield: 1 ½ cups|
|• Worcestershire Sauce||¾ cup|
|• Soy Sauce||¾ cup|
|• Coarse Ground Black Pepper||1 Tbsp.|
|• Garlic - granulated||1 Tbsp.|
|• Sugar - granulated||2 tsp.|
Burger Baste Procedures:
- Combine and bring all ingredients to a simmer in a sauce pot over a medium-high heat.
- Cool, transfer and store refrigerated until needed.
|Burger Spread Ingredients:||Yield: 2 cups||Yield: 6 cups|
|• Mayonnaise||1 1/3 cups||4 cups|
|• ketchup||1/3 cup||1 cup|
|• Mustard – yellow prepared||1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.||4 Tbsp.|
|• Dill Pickle – rough chopped ¼”||3 Tbsp.||9 Tbsp.|
|• Garlic Powder||½ tsp.||1 ½ tsp.|
|• Paprika||½ tsp.||1 ½ tsp.|
|• Onion Yellow-Smoked – minced fine||3 Tbsp.||9 Tbsp.|
|• Cayenne||1/16 tsp.||3/16 tsp.|
Burger Spread Procedures:
- Combine and rough puree in a food processor.
- Transfer, label and store refrigerated until needed.
NOTE: If you don’t have a smoker you can use caramelized onion instead.
|Smoked yellow onion Ingredients:||Yield: ½ cup|
|• Yellow Onion – peeled, core removed, cut 1” diced||½ cup|
Smoked yellow onion procedure Procedures:
- Place the cut onion on a smoking rack and smoke with high smoke and low heat for 20 minutes
until smoked flavor has completely permeated the onion flesh. Transfer, label and hold refrigerated