Download the Q13 News weather app here

Candle starts van fire that spread to storage units in Shoreline, firefighters say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SHORELINE, Wash. — Firefighters say an unattended candle inside of a van caught fire and then spread to nearby storage units.

According to Shoreline firefighters, a candle was lit in the van overnight and caught fire shortly after noon Tuesday.

About five storage units in the 14900 block of Aurora Ave N were affected by the fire. Officials said two people were taken to the hospital to be evaluated for their injuries.