Get severe weather alerts, track the forecast hour-by-hour: Download our free news & weather apps
Watch the 110th Apple Cup Saturday on Q13 FOX

Nobody hurt, ungrateful cat rescued from duplex fire in Everett

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EVERETT, Wash. – Nobody was hurt and an apparently ungrateful cat named Romeo was rescued after a fire at a duplex in Everett on Thursday afternoon.

Snohomish County Fire said crews went on the offense against the fire, which began around 2 p.m. at 321 107th St., SW in unincorporated Everett.

Four people were displaced and the damage was estimated to be about $180,000.

Investigators said the fire started when oil that was heating in a pan on the stove caught fire.

Firefighters sent out a picture of Romeo, the cat who was rescued, being reunited with his owner.

Romeo appeared displeased.