Editor’s note: The raw video contains graphic language. Viewer discretion is advised.
FRESNO, Calif. — A California firefighter suffered critical burns after falling through the roof of a burning home on Sunday.
A witness caught the scary situation on camera.
The unidentified firefighter was trying to put out heavy flames in the garage of a Fresno home when the roof collapsed. At the 30-second mark, flames could be seen swallowing the firefighter.
According to the Fresno Bee, fellow firefighters and several witnesses rushed inside and pulled him out to safety.
“That man lay injured in that burning inferno for between 60 and 180 seconds,” Joe Reyes, who helped rescue the firefighter, told the Bee. “When they pulled him out, they immediately stripped off his clothes and covered him in water.”
The 25-year veteran is recovering with second and third degree burns.