Donate to the Q13 FOX Cares and Les Schwab Holiday Toy Drive

Apartment fire sends 2-year-old child, two other adults to hospital

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
kent fire

KCPQ-TV

KENT, Wash — An early morning apartment fire at the Maple Lane Court Apartments in Kent sent three people to the hospital including a 2-year-old child.

The Kent Fire Department says the 2-alarm fire destroyed a first floor apartment where it initially started and damaged nearby units shortly after midnight. It took fire fighters 30 minutes to put out the fire.

Fire fighters found three people in the parking lot hurt during the blaze. The three injured people, a man, woman and 2 year-old child, were all taken to the hospital. The woman and child are said to be doing alright but the man was admitted to the burn unit.

The noise woke the apartment manager who lives just above the home where the fire started.

Norwood Poindester said, “It sounded like they were fighting so that’s why I ran down stairs. The minute the door opened smoke came gushing out from there the fire department was called.”

Four families without homes following the blaze.

The Red Cross is helping the families who have no where to stay. Fire fighters say the fire started in the kitchen when unattended food was left on the stove.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s