Fire officials: House fire that injures 2 sparked by cigarette, oxygen tank
TACOMA — Two people were injured in a fully involved house fire Thursday morning in Tacoma that started when an occupant was smoking while using an oxygen tank, fire officials said.
According to the Tacoma Fire Department, a house fire near the intersection of East G. Street and E. McKinley Way was fully involved around 9 a.m. Two people were injured in the fire and being evaluated.
The fire spread form the originating house and damaged a nearby home and RV. Officials who put out the blaze estimated the total damage around $350,000.
Smoke was visible from Interstate 5 as the fire was fully involved.
Fire officials believe the fire was started by someone smoking nearby a oxygen tank they were using.