Latest details on Marysville-Pilchuck High School shooting >>
What to watch for in Sunday’s Seahawks vs. Panthers matchup

Fire officials: House fire that injures 2 sparked by cigarette, oxygen tank

Housefire

TACOMA — Two people were injured in a fully involved house fire Thursday morning in Tacoma that started when an occupant was smoking while using an oxygen tank, fire officials said.

According to the Tacoma Fire Department, a house fire near the intersection of East G. Street and E. McKinley Way was fully involved around 9 a.m. Two people were injured in the fire and being evaluated.

The fire spread form the originating house and damaged a nearby home and RV. Officials who put out the blaze estimated the total damage around $350,000.

Smoke was visible from Interstate 5 as the fire was fully involved.

Fire officials believe the fire was started by someone smoking nearby a oxygen tank they were using.

Fire Fire2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s