SEATTLE — Several major road closures are going to have a big impact on travel this weekend, and there are tons of events including Seafair, the Mariners and Sounders FC.
SR 520 closed this weekend for paving
- Crews will close all lanes of SR 520 from Montlake Boulevard to I-405 at 11 p.m. Friday, July 11.
- Drivers crossing Lake Washington – including participants in the Group Health Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic – should plan to use I-90 or an alternate route around the lake.
- The highway will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday, July 14.
SR 167 closed this weekend in Puyallup for milestone bridge move
- At 9 p.m. Friday, July 11, all lanes of northbound and southbound SR 167 will close at the Puyallup River in Puyallup.
- The closure will remain in effect through 2 p.m. Sunday, July 13.
- Drivers will follow signed detour routes via SR 512.
- In addition to moving the northbound bridge, contractor crews will also work to resurface the concrete along the southbound bridge deck.
Other weekend events
- Mariners vs. A’s at Safeco Field: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- West Seattle Summer Fest: Friday through Sunday, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic: Starts Saturday at 4:45 a.m.
- Seafair Milk Carton Derby at Green Lake: Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Ballard Seafood Fest: Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Seattle’s Dragon Fest in the International District: Saturday and Sunday starting at noon
Plan ahead: I-90 will be reduced to one lane starting NEXT WEEKEND (July 18th)
- Westbound I-90 will be reduced to one through lane near Bellevue Way from 9:30 p.m. Friday, July 18 to 5 a.m. Friday, July 25.
- Three lanes of westbound I-90 will be open at the Bellevue Way interchange as the ramps from Bellevue Way and I-405 join mainline I-90.
- Complete lane closure information and animated maps are available on the project website.
- The westbound I-90 HOV lane will be open to all between I-405 and the east entrance to the center roadway.