SEATTLE — Enjoy these fourth of July grilling recipes from Jackie Madill with the Washington Beef Commission. For more great ideas, check out wabeef.org
2 pounds Ground Beef1/4 cup regular or reduced-fat mayonnaise1/4 cup honey mustard8 slices American cheese8 hamburger buns, splitRomaine lettuce, tomato slices
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Cut star shapes from cheese with cookie cutter.
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into eight 1/2-inch thick patties. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper after turning. About 1 minute before burgers are done, top with cheese stars.
- Serve in buns with sauce, lettuce and tomato.
If using 95% lean Ground Beef, add 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs and 2 egg whites to Ground Beef. Continue as directed in step 2. Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
CHEESY JALAPEÑO PEPPER-STUFFED BURGERS
- Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 4 frozen cream cheese or Cheddar cheese-stuffed jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa con queso
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- Prepared thick-and-chunky salsa