SEATTLE- The AAA says 41 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more this holiday weekend, many of them by car.
The roads will be packed but before you pack up the kids and the car, the AAA has the 5 things you need to have in your car for the long road trip.
- A properly inflated spare tire
- An emergency kit (warning devices, jumper cables, water, flashlight with batteries)
- A cell phone and charger
- Water and snacks for children and pets
- Activities for kids
The AAA also has a list of things you should do before you leave the house:
- Check your car (battery, fluids, filters, wipers)
- Pack light to improve fuel efficiency
- Prepare and know your route to avoid distracted driving