Kids as young as middle school age are crushing up Smarties candies and snorting them. Recently, videos have popped up on YouTube, showing the proof.
A Rhode Island school recently sent out an email that alerted parents to the problem after several students were busted. Snorting the candy could lead to scarring of the nasal cavity, infection and lung irritation. It’s interesting to note, Smarties contain nothing that provides any sort of high.
So far, there haven’t been any reports of this happening in Washington.