Local News

Electrical malfunction caused house fire in Kent

kent house fireKENT – Fire investigators say an electrical malfunction is to blame for a house fire in Kent.

Firefighters were called to a home in the 25000 block of 20 Ave. S. just before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night, when residents noticed smoke coming from the home’s roof.

Officials think the fire had burned undetected for quite a while, charring the roof trusses and discoloring the ceiling.

Firefighters had to pull down parts of the ceiling and open a hole in the roof to get to the fire.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental and say it was caused by an electrical malfunction in the attic space wiring.

All five residents were able to get out safely.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement