SEATTLE — Organizers are hosting rallies all over Western Washington to celebrate the Seattle Seahawks and memorialize one of the best seasons in Seattle sports history.
Renton, the home of the Seattle Seahawks, will host a rally on Friday, January 10, to cheer on the team as they prepare for their first home-field playoff game. The “12” flag is flying high above Renton City Hall and everyone is being asked to wear blue, their best Seahawks spirit costume, and their “12” buttons to show their support. Free hot dogs, free Seahawks cheer cards, prizes for the best Seahawks Spirit costume, and more will be available. At the rally the city will also unveil the original Seahawks/City of Renton monument that welcomes visitors to Renton, the “Home of the Seattle Seahawks,” and proudly celebrates our highly successful team. Sea Gals, Blitz and other Seahawks Special guests will be there too. The rally kicks off at 11:30 and goes until 1 pm and will be held at the Renton City Hall.
The party then continues Friday night at a number of sports bars across Western Washington. Here is a list of bars holding organized tailgating rallies for fans to cheer on the Hawks:
- Hard Luck Bar in Tacoma — 10713 Park Ave.
- Hitchin Post Saloon in Federal Way — 2215 SW 356th St.
- Jersey’s Great Food and Spirits in Shoreline — 1306 N. 175th St.
- Sahara Pizza in Mount Vernon — 1115 Riverview Drive
- Arena Sports Bar and Grille in Bremerton — 4111 Wheaton Way
- Paddy Coynes Irish Pub in Seattle — 2801 Alaskan Ave.
Each party gets underway at 6 pm on Friday, January 10th. The rally in Bremerton is the only kid friendly party.