Muggles with secret code get first taste of Butterbeer
SEATTLE — It’s about time us Muggles garnered some respect from the wizard community.
Starbucks is allowing customers to order drinks named “Butterbeer” and “Hogsmeade,” modeled beverages available to Harry Potter and his friends in the iconic Harry Potter series.
The drinks are not advertised and will only be available to those who can provide the barista these recipe, Dalebacar.com reported:
The recipe for the hot drink is:
- Whole milk steamer
- Add Caramel syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Toffee nut syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Add Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 for tall, 3 for grande, 4 for venti)
- Whipped cream and salted caramel bits on top
- Optional if you prefer to add a coffee taste: Add a shot of espresso (2 for a grande or venti)
For the cold:
- A Creme Frappuccino base. Don’t skimp on the fat by asking for skim or 2% milk as whole milk is required for the right consistency.
- Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup.
- Add 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup.
- Top with caramel drizzle, wave your wand 3x
Many baristas don’t even know the Butterbeer concoction exists, Dalebacar.com reported. The drink is only available for the holiday season.