SEATTLE — Jordan Landes of Sumner High School was chosen as the CenturyLink High School Athlete of the Week, it was announced Friday.
Jordan has a 4.0 grade point average and is a three-sport varsity letter winner in cross country, swimming and track. In addition, he volunteers his time and effort at community dinners and helps teach middle school students leadership and character principles. Here are the highlights:
- 4.0 GPA
- Cross Country
- Enrolled in International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- Heavily involved in Sumner High School leadership program
- Volunteers at a community dinner that occurs several weeks before Christmas and provides a free dinner to local families
- Last year the event served over 500 individuals & families from our local community
- Volunteers at a conference dedicated to teaching middle school students leadership and character principles
- Participates in the school’s Food Bowl, which is a competition between the Sumner and Bonney Lake High Schools to gather the most food donations for our local community food bank
- Part of Spart Crew- A Sumner High School team that provides orientation activities for all incoming freshman to help improve the transition from Middle School to High School
- Jordan placed first in the Boys Varsity race with a time of 17:54 ahead of the 2nd place finisher by 24 seconds
- Jordan is a three sport varsity letter winner in Cross Country, Swimming and Track.