Floods, mudslides cut roads, damage homes in Central Washington
Thank God it’s Blue Friday! Click here to share your photos, 12s
TRAFFIC ALERT: Major four-day Hwy. 99 closure starts Friday in Seattle

Longview man badly burned after lighting cigarette near oxygen tank

From KPTV 

LONGVIEW — A man was rushed to St. John Medical Center with serious burns Saturday night. He was found struggling on his porch as flames and smoke spread through his duplex.

Fire crews were called to the home on 11th Street at 11:33 p.m. Crews managed to contain the fire within 15 minutes, before it could spread to the adjacent unit.

Fire investigators believe the fire may have ignited when the resident attempted to light a cigarette while using medical oxygen.

fireThe condition of the burn victim is unknown.

The occupant of the other unit was displaced for the night as a safety precaution.

The Red Cross was helping out with temporary lodging.

2 comments

  • John Fuller

    Well, at least he wasn't smoking in bed while wearing an oxygen mask like people in Seattle do. There's a bright side to every dark situation.

  • Bootlegger59

    LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, …….I mean, I guess if this weren't so tragic, it would be downright funny! ANY fool, knows that you DO NOT smoke around oxygen tanks. A lessen very well learned. And, it just goes to show you………..Don't smoke in the first place, BUT…….if you have to, and feel the need to speed your way to horrendous health, ……don't be stupid and smoke around oxygen tanks. Just one more way………….Smoking Kills!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s