Small fire prompts evacuation of adult care facility
SEATTLE — Firefighters said a dryer in the basement of a West Seattle adult care facility was to blame for a small fire that burned Monday morning.
Crews said the fire was inside a one-story building on 16th Avenue Southwest. Someone called 911 just after 8:00 to report smoking coming from the back of the building. When firefighters arrived, they saw that the adult care workers had already evacuated people living there.
Crews were able to knock the fire out within a few minutes. They said that the building was equipped with a fire alarm and sprinkler system.
The damage from the fire was contained to the basement. There were no injuries reported.