SEATTLE — Starting in October, it could cost more to ride state ferries. The state is planning across-the-board rate increases to meet its budget for the next two years.
If the proposal is approved, passenger fares would rise 2 percent and vehicle fares would rise 3 percent on Oct. 1. Passenger fares would go up another 2 percent and vehicle fares would increase percent on May 1, 2014.
The Washington State Transportation Commission will hold several public input meetings in communities served by ferries. They include:
- Monday, July 8: Anacortes 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 10: Coupeville 6-8 p.m.
- Thursday, July 11: Vashon Island 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, July 15: Bainbridge Island 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 16: Port Orchard 6-8 p.m.
Read more about the proposed increases and public meetings here.