The Seattle and King County Health Departments said that the traveler arrived from Beijing between noon and 4 p.m. Thursday.
People in the following areas of the airport may have been exposed to measles:
- South Satellite International Terminal Arrival Area
- Immigration and primary screening
- Adoption processing
- Restrooms in the South Satellite
- Baggage Claim/Customs
- Train to main terminal
- Main terminal baggage claim
- Elevator in Main Terminal to Level 2 parking garage
Local public health officials said that measles are a highly contagious and potentially severe disease caused by the measles virus.
Measles is spread through the air after a person with the virus coughs or sneezes. People who are at the highest risk from exposure to measles include those who are unvaccinated, pregnant women, infants less than six months old and those with weakened immune systems.