SEATTLE — Cooling centers across the Puget Sound opened Sunday as area temperatures pushed into the low 90s. Many of the centers will be open the remainder of the week as temperatures stay in the 80s.
Here is a list of cooling centers by area:
SEATTLE– All locations of the Seattle Public Library are open regular hours this week.
Wading pools have extended hours. Swimming beaches usually close at 7 p.m. They will stay open until 8 p.m.
Seattle Center has extended the hours of operation for International and Dupen Fountains: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. to offer the public a means to cool down from the heat. Center House, an air conditioned facility, is open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. for public use as a cooling station.
Tacoma (From Tacoma News Tribune) —
• Tacoma Public Library branches: http://www.tacomapubliclibrary.org/Page.aspx?nid=3
• Pierce County library branches:http://www.piercecountylibrary.org/branches/branch-listing.htm
• Sprinker Recreation Center, 14824 C St., Spanaway: 6 a.m.-10 p.m.
• Anderson Island Fire Department, 12207 Lake Josephine Blvd.: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Fife Community Center, 2111 54th Ave. E.: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Monday-Tue sday
• City of Buckley Multi Purpose Center, 811 E. Main: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Tues day
• Mid County Community Center, 10205 44th Ave. E., Tacoma: 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday
• Steilacoom Community Center, 2301 Worthington St.: 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday
• Bonney Lake Senior Center, 19304 Bonney Lake Blvd.: 8 a.m. -4 p.m. Monday-Friday
• Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main St. SW: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
• Chapel Hill Church, 7700 Skansie Ave., Gig Harbor: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday
• South Hill Mall, 3500 S. Meridian, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Federal Way Community Center, 876 S. 333rd St.: 5:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday-Wednesday.
Arlington –The Stillaguamish Senior Center, 18308 Smokey Point Boulevard is normally open from 9 AM to 5 PM daily. Thursday, July 8, it will be open until 9 PM, and Friday, July 9 from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Bothell-The Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Dr., is open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and 8:30 AM until 9 PM on Wednesday. Saturday it will be open from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM and Sundays from 12:30 PM to 4 PM.
Darrington – The Cascade Senior Center, 1115 Darrington St., is air conditioned and available as a cooling center. Monday through Friday hours are 10 AM to 3 PM. It may be open later, if necessary.
Everett – Everett Senior Activity Center 3025 Lombard St Hours of Operation: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Everett Libraries Main – 2702 Hoyt Ave.
Evergreen – 9512 Evergreen Way Hours of Operation: Monday-Wednesday 10 AM-9 PM; ThursdaySaturday 10 AM-6 PM; Sunday 1-5 PM
Monroe- Monroe Sno-Isle Library, 1070 Village Way, (360) 794-7851 Hours: Monday-Thursday 10 AM-9 PM; Friday 10 AM-5 PM
East County Senior Center, 824 Village Way, (360) 794-6359 Hours: Monday-Thursday 8 AM-5 PM; Friday 8 AM-9 PM
Kitsap County –
The Kitsap County Regional Library System has air-conditioned facilities and water is available. Hours of operations vary but most are open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Bainbridge Island Police Dept. 625 Winslow Way, E. and the Poulsbo Fire Department – 911 Liberty Ave.
Olympia – All Timberland Regional Libraries
For a full list, go here.