Q13 News This Morning is airing on JOEtv (cable 10/ch. 22) due to FIFA World Cup coverage on Q13 FOX

Queen Anne schools put on alert

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Coe2003SEATTLE — Schools in the Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle were put on alert Monday after a woman who left her child in a parked car said a man tried to break into the vehicle and take the child.

According to Seattle police, a woman left her 4-year-old son in a parked car around 9 a.m. in the 2400 block of 7th Avenue West while she walked her daughter to Coe Elementary School. The woman told police that when she returned to her car she spotted a man abruptly walking away. Her 4-year-old son told his mother that the man allegedly tried to get into the car while his mother was walking to the school, but that all the doors were locked.

The suspect, a Hispanic male between 25- and 32-years-old with a light complexion and shaved head, got into a Pontiac Grand Am and drove off, the mother told police. She called 911 20 minutes later, but the suspect was not located.

Officers immediately notified the surrounding schools in the Queen Anne area about the incident.

Anyone with information about the incident or the suspect is encouraged to call 911.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


  • Diana

    The mom should be jailed along with the suspect. Really? leaving your 4 yr old in your car. I think twice even 3,4 times before allowing my 13 yr old boy to stay in the car by himself while I run for a quick errand.

  • guest

    And why did she wait 20 minutes to call authorities? Even if she didnt have a cell phone she could have (and in my opinion should have) gone into the school and notified the school and called from there