2-year-old Marysville girl contracts flesh-eating bacteria

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

necrotizing-fasciitisSEATTLE — A Marysville child is in the hospital after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria.

Valorie and Bryan Chalk say their 2-year-old daughter got a rash on her leg May 25.

The rash quickly spread and quickly became painful so the parents rushed her to the emergency room. Five hours later, doctors diagnosed her with necrotizing fasciitis — flesh-eating bacteria.

The father says doctors said Zoey could have died or lost her leg if they had waited only several more hours to come to the hospital.

Zoey has undergone six surgeries to cut out the bacteria that was eating away at her leg. Her parents say Zoey will have to go more surgeries to reconstruct her leg.

It is a mystery as to how the child contracted necrotizing fasciitis. Her parents believe the bacteria must have got into a tiny cut she had on her ankle.

If you would like to help the family you can donate by going to www.zoeyshope.blogspot.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s