Father accused of putting baby in freezer to halt her crying

TACOMA — A 25-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly putting his 6-week-old daughter in a freezer in their home to stop her from crying, authorities said Sunday.

deutsch1

Tyler Deutsch, 25, who lives near Roy, was booked into the Pierce County Jail on suspicion of attempted murder for allegedly putting his baby daughter, shown here on April 9, in a freezer Saturday to try to stop her from crying. (Photo: Facebook)

The baby was rushed to the hospital with a body temperature of 84 degrees.

Doctors at Tacoma’s Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital expect the infant to recover, Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Ed Troyer said Sunday.

The infant’s 22-year-old mother called 911 at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday and said she had found her boyfriend, Tyler Deutsch, taking the baby out of the freezer in their home in the 7600 block of 320th Street South, near the city of Roy, Troyer said.

The child is believed to have been in the freezer for about an hour.

Deutsch told sheriff’s deputies he put the infant in the freezer to stop the girl from crying, Troyer said.

He was booked into the Pierce County Jail on a charge of suspicion of attempted murder. He has no criminal history.

32 Comments to “Father accused of putting baby in freezer to halt her crying”

WKTB said:
    May 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Put his naked butt in a freezer for an hour

RKS said:
      May 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Put him in there permanently would be better I think.

mic said:
    May 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM

sick bastard

Ihatechildabuse said:
    May 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM

This generally stops them from crying….sadly it usually lasts forever

jessica said:
    May 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM

so the baby survived???

RKS said:
      May 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Did you not read the story or are your comprehension skills lacking?

mamabear said:
    May 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM

WTF is wrong with people?Its a baby,what did he expect they do at this age?NOT fkn cry?i would love a minute with this guy.no more reproducing for him.

rahrah1 said:
      May 28, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I have a pair of garden sheers you can use!

Katina Cooper said:
    May 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Another woman who will put up with anything, including having her baby killed, just so she can have a man in her bed. She will forgive him after he says he's sorry. He will then do it again, and again, she will forgive him.

Jaimie said:
      May 28, 2013 at 3:34 AM

He was the child's father. And he had no previous criminal history. How was she supposed to know he would do something like that? You sure are assuming a lot.

Guest said:
    May 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Sick and twisted… thank god that he didn't shake the baby to get her to stop.

Jane said:
    May 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Yet another puke that likes to hurt children. He needs to go to prison forever, or be put to death. Don't people like this have any support system at all? If my neighbor came to my house with a screaming infant and said they were so stressed they were thinking about harming the child, I would help them. Even if I didn't know the person, I would still help them out and give them a break. Instead, this guy could have killed that newborn baby instead of trying to find help. Sickening.

anynomous said:
    May 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM

What in the world I s happening people are losing their minds how do you expect a baby not to cry he should be put in the nut house

Anonie Ymouse said:
    May 27, 2013 at 4:19 PM

she does want him back, spoke to her father today and he said he was suprised she wasn't taken into custody as well because he knows she shoots up, and she forgives him and wants to be able to visit him while he's locked up

precious said:
    May 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

what a jack ass he needs to die

Rosemarie said:
    May 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I would love to have a baby, but I can't, so be it, But I can not understand how somebody could hurt a little child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you. I hope the Mother beats the hell out of you.

angie said:
    May 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Put his ass in the freezer!!

roger said:
    May 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM

someone needs to beat the hell out of this loser

JenniferJustice said:
    May 28, 2013 at 9:07 AM

When will people learn that crying is normal for babies – even under the best of circumstances, it is an outlet – for frustration, anxiety, and stress, which yes, babies feel all of these things, but they cannot express it in words, so duh, they cry. All you need to do is just walk away. Leave them alone. If you can't stand the sound of it, go outside for a bit, whatever it takes to calm yourself and let the baby get it out of it's system. It's that simple.

Linda said:
    May 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM

This story literally made me sick to my stomach. I need to quit watching the news. Tragedy after tragedy after tragedy……..too much these days!!

CB said:
    May 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I’m the babies great uncle and I was sickened by the news. He is lucky I live on the other end of the country and was not there when this happened. I hope he goes to jail for a long long time and cries every night until his fellow inmates get sIck of hearing him and take care of it. He makes me SICK.

mandy said:
    May 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM

We grew up with this puke. Watched the teachers and coaches coddle and make excuses for his behavior Always giving him awards..He is a sick individual who needs a physc ward!

NotNice said:
    May 29, 2013 at 5:57 AM

The father needs to be put in a very deep cold grave….alive.