Watch Sounders FC vs. New England Revolution – coverage begins Saturday at 4pm on JOEtv
Watch Connecticut Sun at Seattle Storm – Saturday at 7pm on JOEtv
Check our live traffic map here

Stray cigarette causes rooftop fire

fireSEATTLE – An improperly discarded cigarette was to blame for a rooftop deck fire Tuesday night in South Lake Union.

Firefighters received a call just before 11 p.m. about a fire at a commercial building on Westlake Ave. and Aloha. When firefighters arrived, they discovered the fire in a rooftop deck planter.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the rooftop area, and put it out quickly.

Firefighters estimate the fire caused about $10,000 in damage.  No one was injured. The cause of the fire was believed to be a tobacco or marijuana cigarette, officials said.


Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s