For a limited time PSE is taking old, inefficient refrigerators in their service areas and replacing them with a limited number of Energy Star qualified models for free.
That’s right — free.
PSE said there is no cost for the new refrigerators, from delivery to the removal and recycling of the old appliance.
Right now, PSE is offering the free fridges to customers in King and Pierce counties until June 30. Here is the schedule for other counties:
- Island County residents, July 1-15
- Whatcom and Skagit counties, July 1-Sept. 30
- Kittitas County, Aug. 1-15
- Thurston County, Oct. 1- Nov. 30.
- The deadline to participate in Kitsap County has already passed. However, PSE will put you on a wait list if you missed it to get a free fridge (while supplies last).
To qualify for a free refrigerator, you must own the old appliance and be a PSE electric customer living in a single-family home with four or less attached units. For more on the program, click here.