National & World News

2 youths arrested in shooting of 13-month-old boy

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) — Two teenagers were arrested Friday in the shooting death of a 13-month-old boy who was in his stroller, according to police in this coastal city.

The suspects are a 17-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy, Police Chief Tobe Green told reporters Friday. He said they are being held on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Green identified the older suspect as Demarquis Elkins, saying he will be treated as an adult in criminal proceedings. The 14-year-old was not identified because of his age.

“We are turning every stone to get a motive,” said Green. A weapon, believed to be a handgun, has not been found.

Police offered a $10,000 reward for information and have received more than 30 leads.

Sherry West earlier told reporters that the incident occurred at 9 a.m. Thursday as she was walking home from the post office, pushing her son Antonio in a stroller. She said she saw two boys.

“A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn’t have any money,” she said. “And he said, ‘Give me your money or I’m going to kill you and I’m going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,’ and I said, “I don’t have any money and don’t kill my baby.”

For the complete CNN story, go here.

georgia baby killed

Courtesy of CNN

6 Comments to “2 youths arrested in shooting of 13-month-old boy”

JoJo said:
    March 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

So so sad, I feel for this woman and her family :(

joe said:
    March 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

They were blacks I bet, 99.999% ,where is Je$$ie Jack$on and Al $harpton here to agitate crowds? That is the black style, this is how I don't under stand Kim Kardashian, how she can revel in the stench?

Sharon said:
    March 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Really idiot above.

Chris said:
    March 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Wow! Now they are slaughtering innocent white babies right in their strollers. When are people going to wake up to the reality and stop with the PC garbage.

Block Watcher said:
    March 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM

The motive is robbery. Even I could figure that out.

Brian said:
    March 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Does Georgia have the death penalty? If so, use it. Immediately. If a person can shoot a 13 month old baby in the head, he'll have no problem killing more people later in life. If Georgia doesn't have the dealth penalty, create one and set a precedent. Immediately