Interview: ‘We Day’ founder and Seahawks coach Pete Carroll
SEATTLE – The first “We Day” event is coming to Seattle March 27. “We Day” is an event that inspires local students from around the state to earn their way into a celebrity-packed concert through their hard work within their local and global community.
Craig Kielburger, “We Day” founder and founder of the “Free the Children” organization, along with Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, stopped to talk about “We Day” and the celebrities coming to Seattle to participate.
Here is a list of “We Day” performers:
- Jennifer Hudson – Academy® and Grammy® award-winning actress and musician
- Magic Johnson – NBA legend, two-time hall of famer and philanthropist
- Pete Carroll – Seattle Seahawks Head Coach and co-chair of We Day Seattle
- Seattle Seahawks players – Russell Wilson (#3, Quarterback), Richard Sherman (#25, Cornerback), John Moffitt (#74, Offensive Guard), Russell Okung (#76, Offensive Tackle)
- Martin Sheen – Emmy® and Golden Globe® winning actor and activist
- Mia Farrow – Award-winning actress, activist and United Nations ambassador
- Martin Luther King III – Civil rights activist and oldest son of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Gary Payton – Nine-time NBA All-Star and former player for the Seattle SuperSonics
- J.R. Martinez – Actor, motivational speaker, bestselling author and former U.S. Army soldier
- Nelly Furtado – Grammy award-winning musician and Free The Children ambassador
- The Tenors – Multi-platinum vocal group
- Kid President – Nine-year-old Robby Novak, YouTube sensation
- MC Hammer – Grammy and Diamond Award Winner, businessman and tech entrepreneur
- Hedley – Multi-platinum, JUNO and MMVA award winning musicians and Free The Children ambassadors
- Liz Murray – Author of the New York Times Bestselling memoir Breaking Night: My Journey from Homeless to Harvard
- Munro Chambers and Melinda Shankar – Cast members from the hit TeenNick television series DEGRASSI and We Day Seattle hosts
- Craig and Marc Kielburger – Co-founders, Free The Children
- Spencer West – Me to We motivational speaker who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro on his hands in 2012
- Molly Burke – Visually impaired Me to We motivational speaker
- Washington State Governor Jay Inslee
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn
Also supporting youth in their actions and taking the We Day stage are Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, Co-Title Sponsor of We Day Seattle, and a representative from Amway North America, Co-Title Sponsor of We Day Seattle.