The FBI says Richard Marsh, 44, of Pacific, is the serial bank robber believed to be behind 9 heists.
He was finally caught yesterday afternoon — tackled and taken down by a security guard at the U.S. Bank in Seattle’s South Lake Union area — where he was trying to rob the place.
Seattle police say the call first came as a fight inside the bank, and when police showed up, money was strewn across the floor, and the security guard was scrapping with the “Jimmy Buffett Bandit’. They say he was armed with a soft pellet gun.
He was arrested and booked into the King County jail.
Here is a list of the 9 bank robberies he’s accused of:
- 9/7/12 Key Bank at 7307 35th Ave NE in Seattle
- 10/2/12 Homestreet Bank at 8200 35th Ave NE in Seattle
- 10/30/12 Peoples Bank at 3300 W. McGraw St. in Seattle
- 11/5/12 US Bank at 4040 Factoria Blvd SE in Bellevue
- 11/28/12 US Bank at 8702 35th Ave NE in Seattle
- 12/13/12 US Bank at 17601 SE 272nd St. in Covington
- 12/19/12 Wells Fargo at 9750 NE 117th Lane in Kirkland
- 1/15/13 Wells Fargo at 1419 Marvin Rd NE in Lacey
- 1/25/13 US Bank at 1019 8th Ave N in Seattle
UPDATE 11/9/12: He’s hit again, and changed his look with the season, replacing the tropical shirt he wore in his summer hit, with ski wear in his latest bank robbery in Bellevue.
UPDATE –10/5/12– The “Jimmy Buffett Bandit” is back!
Don’t know if he’s been “wasting away in Margaritaville” between the two heists he’s accused of now, but one thing’s for sure – he’s lost his tropical look – ditching his Hawaiian shirt for a fall-weather jacket. CLICK HERE to see the new photo of him snapped Tuesday when he robbed the Homestreet Bank in north Seattle’s Wedgewood neighborhood — literally down the street from the first bank he hit early last month.
—ORIGINAL CASE 9/28/12—
A wanted, armed bank robber’s tropical shirt has us dubbing him the ‘Jimmy Buffett Bandit’.
Not sure if he’s a true ‘Parrothead’, or needed the cash to buy a ‘Cheeseburger in Paradise’ when he robbed a bank in north Seattle earlier this month — but, other than his nickname and that fake ponytail he’s sporting, there’s nothing funny about this guy who the FBI considers ‘armed and dangerous.’
Here are the details on the ‘JIMMY BUFFETT BANDIT’:
- Age: 30+
- Ht: 6’0”
- Wt: Slim build
- Possible ponytail, but likely fake
- Wearing blue Hawaiian shirt
If you recognize the ‘Jimmy Buffett Bandit’, call an anonymous tip into:
CRIME STOPPERS: 1-800-222-TIPS
You must call the Crime Stoppers hotline with your tip to be eligible to receive the cash reward for information leading to a fugitive’s arrest.
CLICK HERE for information on how to TEXT A TIP to Crime Stoppers