OLYMPIA — The Washington State Liquor Control Board will hold six evening public forums across Washington to get the public’s input on the implementation of I-502, the initiative legalizing recreational marijuana.
Interested citizens will be able to use the meetings as a way to offer input on rules and regulations on selling and buying marijuana before a board adopts any official changes.
Here is the schedule for the proposed meeting:
- 1/22: WSLCB Headquarters, Conference Room 201
- 3000 Pacific Ave SE, Olympia, WA 98501
- 1/24: Seattle City Hall, Bertha Knight Landes Room
- 600 Fourth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
- 02/7: Clark College, Vancouver, Foster Auditorium
- 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98663
- 02/12: Spokane City Hall, Council Chambers
- 808 W Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99201
- 02/19: Skagit Valley College, Mt. Vernon, Theater
- 2405 East College Way, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
- 02/21: Yakima City Hall, Council Chambers
- 129 North Second St, Yakima, WA 98901
The meetings are just part of the liquor control board’s year-long process to legalize the growth, sale and use of recreational marijuana. According to a tentative implementation timeline released by the state last week, retailers should be up and selling marijuana by Dec. 1, 2013.
Though pot is currently legal to smoke recreational, it is illegal to sell marijuana, creating a bizarre overlap in laws that has confused many.