Sports

Sale of Kings to Seattle group a ‘done deal’? New potential buyer in mix

sonicsSEATTLE — At a Seahawks rally Friday, it was all about the blue and green, but fans are also holding out hope that the green and gold will return.

“You can’t get no better than that,” said fan Shown Jackson. “We got our Hawks here, we got our Mariners here, and now we got our Sonics back!”

A source says the sale of the Sacramento Kings to a Seattle group led by Chris Hansen is a “done deal.”

At about 10 a.m. Friday, Comcast Sports net reporter Matt Steinmetz posted this: “I’ve heard from reliable source that the Kings’ sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out.”

A Sacramento Kings spokesman had no comment, and neither did the Kings owners nor Hansen.

The Kings owner, the Maloof brothers, were reportedly holding out on an earlier proposed deal for $500 million, and were hoping to keep a small piece of ownership and some decision-making powers over the team. But Steinmetz says the extra $25 million means they would take the money and walk away.

Dave “Softy” Mahler, of KJR Sports Radio, said it’s not a matter of if –but when Seattle gets an NBA team back.

“We’ve got a blueprint for an arena waiting in Seattle,” said Mahler. “It’s the 12th largest market, and there’s no way the NBA was going to say no for long.”

Other investors in California are also coming forward, including the founder of 24-hour Fitness, claiming they want to buy the team and keep it in Sacramento.

Mark Mastrov, the founder of 24-hour Fitness, told The Sacramento Bee on Friday that he has assembled a group that wants to buy the team and keep them in Sacramento. The group also wants to “work with the city to get an arena deal if possible.”

“There’s definitely interest,” he said, as reports swirled that the Maloof family had already made a deal to sell the team to a Seattle group. “We’ve been in touch with the Maloofs.”

It may be too late.

Sources say the announcement of the deal between the Maloofs and the Seattle group is expected next week.

9 Comments to “Sale of Kings to Seattle group a ‘done deal’? New potential buyer in mix”

iceboxjewelry said:
    January 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Your cool blog has contributed me much knowledge that I will a lot. I thank you for your endeavors, and I hope you stick to continue keeping this up. Exciting!!! Let me share a surprise that can take you a good mood,they sell gold atlanta,Cheap, fashionable.

Friv 4 said:
      October 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

great video. :)

harry said:
    March 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Great news! Racing Aeolus 2012 is going to be awesome! I hope this year you guys improve your performance than last year and not only win the race again, but also get a new world record! All the best team!
    garcinia cambogia extract reviews

Friv said:
    March 25, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I have been teaching a class and we are looking at this subject in the next week. I will be directing my student to look at your post for good information.

federer said:
    May 14, 2013 at 4:17 AM

This is bit shocking news! I think the investors in California utilize this opportunity to buy the team. If you consider the capability and strength of the King’s team then $525 million is not huge money, since the team includes many skilled players. florida marijuana laws

turbo force da resultado said:
    June 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I’m really inspired along with your writing abilities and also with the structure in your weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it your self? Either way keep up the excellent high quality writing, it is uncommon to peer a great weblog like this one these days..

t shirts printing said:
    July 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM

As part of an assignment for research I have to find an article with relevant information on this topic and give the teacher our opinion and the article. Your article helped me a lot.

interlinside said:
    August 19, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I'll let you give it to my blog, I wish to raise such ideas to people, it's nice to me Y4

Qurbani Donation said:
    September 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Great work Weldon keep it up.

Hopy 4 said:
    October 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Anyway, I just got these beautiful game