Local News

Accused Munchbar shooter pleads not guilty; held on $5 million bail

ja’mari jonesSEATTLE — Ja’mari Jones, the suspect arrested in connection with a fatal Christmas Eve shooting at Munchbar in Bellevue, appeared in court Thursday morning. Jones pleaded not guilty to the charges he faces; he is being held on $5 million bail.

Police charged Jones with second-degree murder in connection with the shooting and killing of Deshawn Milliken on Christmas Eve morning. The incident left another man from Renton injured. If Jones is found guilty, he faces a sentence of 20 to 28 years in prison.

Jones, 19, was taken into custody Jan. 2 during a routine traffic stop at 8 p.m. in the 10800 block of Pacific Highway South in Lakewood. Police ran Jones’ license plate and discovered the car, a Toyota Corolla, had been reported stolen from Auburn.

Munchbar has been closed since the shooting. Kemper Development Co., which owns Bellevue Square, and the owners of Munchbar / Mirror Lounge announced late Thursday that that restaurant-bar would not reopen as it would be “best for the community, guests and the families involved.”

Bellevue police were notified of the arrest and Jones was transported to the Bellevue Police Department jail.

 His girlfriend was also in the car during his arrest and she was booked for rendering criminal assistance.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

8 Comments to “Accused Munchbar shooter pleads not guilty; held on $5 million bail”

    Citizen98107 said:
    January 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM

    Jones will enjoy the prison lifestyle.

    DJ Allyn said:
    January 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM

    Once again this dirtbag is going to skate. He gets to start out with Murder in the Second degree and can now plea bargain down to the lesser-included charge of Manslaughter. He will be out of prison by the time he is thirty.

    The State should have charged him with Murder in the First degree. He entered a place that he wasn't supposed to go in, with a weapon that he wasn't supposed to have, and fired multiple shots at a person he already knew. It shouldn't have been too hard to prove the elements of Murder 1.

    The feds should also pick up jurisdiction for a felon in possession of a firearm.

    Malo said:
    January 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM

    Federal Fire Arms Enhancement Charges will soon follow.
    It’s up to The State/County Prosecuter to play ball with the Feds. Given the Perps history (R.I.P Tuba Man), second degree Murder may be upgraded once they sit down and exchange currency.

    Miss B said:
    January 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

    Someone should 'pay' him back for killing those 2 people so we don't waste any more money on him.

    MrRonKennedy said:
    January 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM

    I hear Guantanamo is nice this time of year…maybe during the next prisoner transfer, he could be "mis-placed"

    yojax7286978 said:
    January 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

    Drop him at the South Pole "Good luck Jones"

    vegard.lutefisk said:
    January 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM

    Plead it to "misdemeanor assault" and I'll tell you where I got the gun!

    LadiMonet said:
    January 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM

    a coward hiding behind a gun smh throw is ass in jail where he belongs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement