Spiced Apple Cider
Makes 8 Cups
If you want to make it indulgent top it with whipped cream and caramel sauce.
- 1 apple
- 12 whole cloves
- 1, 64 oz (or 8 cups) jug of apple juice
- 1/2 orange, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 star anise
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks, plus up to 8 more for garnish if desired
- 2, quarter size slices of ginger root
- Stud the apple with the cloves.
- Place all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a light simmer over medium/high heat. Reduce heat to low and allow to steep for at least 1 hour for best flavor. Remove orange slices, apple and spices. Serve with a cinnamon stick.
Cranberry Orange Ginger Sauce
Quick Tip: Make ahead and freeze. Once the sauce is cooked, cool it in the fridge. Place the cooled sauce into Ziploc bags and freeze up to 3 months. To serve, allow the sauce to defrost at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
- 2, 12oz packages fresh cranberries
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a large sauce pot and stir.
- Cook on medium for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sausage Sage and Cranberry Stuffing
Quick Tip: To freeze, place in a freezer safe baking dish and cover with foil. Freeze for up 3 months. After removing from the freezer, place covered stuffing in a 400° oven and bake for 1 hour, uncover and bake until heated through. If the stuffing seems a little dry, pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth over the top.
- 2, 14oz cans or 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup sweet onion, medium dice
- 11/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 9 cups stuffing bread crumbs
- Pre heat oven to 375 °
- In a large bowl mix together chicken broth, allspice, cranberries and maple syrup, set aside.
- Add olive oil, onions and celery to a large skillet and sauté over medium heat for about 5 min or until onions turn translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Once onions are translucent, turn heat to low and add garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add onion mixture to the bowl with the broth.
- Heat the same skillet, over med/high heat. Add sausage, allow to cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up large pieces while sausage starts to brown.
- Add parsley, sage and thyme to the sausage, mix and cook until sausage is fully cooked about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked sausage to the rest of the cooked ingredients in the large bowl, stir.
- Pour the bread cubes in the bowl and stir well.
- Place stuffing in a 9.5 x 16 baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and allow to brown for 5-10 minutes.